Saturday, December 17, 2011

Macarons are the new cupcake!


Well not really, but they sure are becoming a craze.  Macaron shops are starting to pop up like cupcake shops did several years ago.  I thought I would give them a try for the Christmas party this year.  I don't think I will be making a ton of these.  They are just ok in my opinion.  Definitely a different taste to them.  They are also very time consuming and tedious to make which in my opinion means they need to have an amazing result to justify doing.  I kept mine simple this time and just did vanilla macaron shell and vanilla butter cream frosting.  Maybe different flavors would taste better?
But needless to say, everyone can give these puppies a try tonight and decide for themselves if they like them!
Recipe and step by step directions are available at Kevin and Amanda.  She does a great job of walking you through the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment