Holiday food day at work only means one thing, time to bake!
Valentine's Day Brown Sugar Blondies
makes a 9x9 pan
*Double the recipe if you would like to make it in a 9x13 pan.*
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 - 1 1/2 c. Valentine's Day M&M's
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt 1/3 c. butter. Place it in a mixing bowl then add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar; mix well and cool slightly. Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time, mixing well. Mix in about 2/3 c. of the M&M's.
- Spread in a greased 9x9 pan. Sprinkle more M&M's on top (about 2/3 c. more, or desired amount).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Recipe from Cupcake Diaries
And of course, here is the picture of the fearless foursome all decked out for the holiday! Love these kids! Brynn's Daddy took the picture, great work Anthony!